Appolo Compliance provides a wide range of services to meet privacy and cybersecurity goals, this includes:
- Data Inventory: Planning for and completing your data inventory
- Data Map: Planning for and completing your data map
- Privacy Notices: Support the development, maintenance and revision of policies and procedures for the general operation of the privacy program and related activities across business units.
- Monitoring: Contribute to the implementation of the privacy program and subsequent monitoring.
- Privacy Training and Communications: Contribute to the privacy training and awareness program, develop and present privacy training to staff and executives.
- Privacy Impact Assessment Process: Creating a Privacy Impact Assessment process and template document
- Risk Register Development: Ensuring that a Risk Register has been created and that a review, update and audit process has been developed for it
- Data Breach Preparation: Drafting or reviewing data breach response protocol and planning documents to ensure they are compliant with data privacy law strict notification requirements
- Third-Party Contract Checklists: Engages in third-party relationship management and review third-party risk assessments to ensure proper privacy controls are implemented at organizations engaged with your business.
- Virtual Chief Privacy Officer: 24/7 access to our Virtual Chief Privacy Officer.
- Investigation: Assists in investigating and responding to reported privacy violation (responding to reports of problems of suspected violations) and suggest corrective actions (making necessary improvement to policies and practices, etc).
- Risks Assessments: Conduct risk assessment (including Privacy Impact Assessments) and analyze privacy regulation to identify areas for improvement.
- Data Subject Request: Respond to request from data subjects requesting access and/or amendment rights to their data.
- Education: Educate executive board on applicable international, federal, state and local regulatory agency guidelines and laws.
Data Privacy Compliance Services
We can help assess your company’s readiness to comply with relevant privacy regulations and help implement best practices for achieving broader privacy risk and compliance objectives across your organization. Our team of experienced consultants can review your company’s personal data collecting activities to build a data inventory, identify risks and gaps relative to the requirements of the privacy frameworks, and assist with building a robust privacy program.
Data Loss Presentation (DLP): DLP is a strategy used by businesses to ensure that sensitive data is not accessed, misused or lost by unauthorized users. This goal is accomplished by DPL software and tolls by monitoring and controlling endpoint activities as well as protecting data as it moves.
Successful DLP programs have the following elements:
- Annual Penetration Testing
- Business Continuity
- Risk assessment
- Data Classification
- Data governance
- Regulatory and privacy compliance
- Policies, standards and procedures
- Data discovery
- Training and awareness
- Incident response plan
- Remediation processes
Vendor Diligence and Management
Third-party risk management (TPRM) is the process of monitoring, validating, and remediating risks presented by third-party vendors. Our team helps ensure our clients’ vendors protect their data, comply with regulations, and provide sustainable services that meet their requirements.
We help organizations with the following privacy regulations.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- DFS Cybersecurity Regulation
- NY Shield Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA)
- The Telecommunications Act
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Massachusetts 201 CMR 17
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- The General Data Protection Act (GDPR)
We partner with our clients to help them conduct periodic risk assessment of their Information Systems sufficient to inform the design of their privacy and cybersecurity programs. Such risk assessment is updated as reasonably necessary to address changes to our clients’ Information Systems, Nonpublic Information or business operations. These risk assessments allows for revision of controls to respond to technological developments and evolving threats to protect Nonpublic Information and Information Systems.
In these risk assessments, we will review your network architecture or web applications, cybersecurity protections, security and privacy policies to identify weak points that need addressing. Vulnerability assessments are an excellent way to gain visibility into your environment’s vulnerabilities while providing a roadmap and prioritization for fixing those flaws.
Our risk assessment plans are updated continually to remain relevant as your company responds to new issues and navigates evolving business initiatives.
Virtual Chief Privacy Officer
Our Virtual Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) services help organizations develop, implement and manage their data privacy programs to minimize risks while meeting compliance obligations under CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, GLBA, 201 CMR 17 and NY-DFS.
Beyond Law and Compliance
Consumer trust is hard to obtain, and harder to get back once lost. Our virtual CPOs help organizations keep their brands untarnished and earn consumer trust. Fines and fees from regulators are usually clearly defined. However, consumer trust can be hard to measure, and have severe repercussions. Our virtual CPOs ensures that organizations do not lose consumer trust.
Why use Our Virtual CPO Services?
- Saving money on hiring a full time CPO.
- Meet regulatory compliance obligations.
- reduces the risk of data breach.
- Meet expectations of clients.
- Our virtual CPOs hold the following certificates;
- Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPP),
- Penetration Testing, Incident Response and Forensics (IBM) ,and
- OneTrust Certified Privacy Professional.
- 24/7 real time privacy monitoring and management.